I don't want my projects to track users, so I'm getting rid of Google Analytics. I've gone on to my Google Analytics account and found 7 tracking codes that I've set up.
- The first one is the code for OwnId, which was a website that made it easy to use a custom host name as your OpenId. OpenId never really took off, email addresses are easier as an ID than host names. The code is in an SVN repository on Google Code, and I've removed the tracking id from Google Analytics.
- I've got Google Analytics tracking ID set up for my old blog. In the blog settings it's not activated though. I've deleted the tracking id from Google Analytics now.
- MtrHub is a website I made for keeping track of utility meter readings. Looking at the code and the website I don't think it currently uses Google Analytics. I've deleted teh tracking id form Google Analytics now.
- There's also a tracking id for the http://www.own-id.com/. That's closed now so I've deleted the tracking id.
- Polifesto is a website for anyone to write a political manifesto. It doesn't look like it uses Google Analytics at the moment. I've deleted its tracking id.
- My old website which http://www.tlocke.org.uk used to point to, apparently
had a tracking id. The site on Google Pages in GSUite. I've turned off
Google Pages for
tlocke.org.uk. I've deleted its tracking id.
- Finally, my maths website, doesn't use Google Analytics any more, so I've deleted its tracking id.
That was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
And now I've deleted my Google Analytics account!